Monday, December 17, 2007

She is her mother's daughter!


DISCLAIMER: I have no favorite!

Lydia is so "her mother's daughter!" The evidence is absolutely clear...she easily slips on my shoes (cute picture, huh?), and she loves to eat, especially spicy food. She is emotional. She is delighted to help others...her most happy times are when she is helping me unload the dishwasher. She hands me a fork and says "doo, doo." She is telling me "thank you." I know she is really just anticipating what I will tell her, but I can see in her face that she really is thankful to be helping. She enjoys it!

Other proofs include: she's only cuddly during a video or at night (movies are limited, so I am sometimes tempted to let her watch more TV just so I can cuddle her!), she sleeps on her tummy, she is independent, and most convincingly, she is so clumsy!

I thought I'd include these song lyrics because they popped into my head when I began to write this blog...what a sweet song to hope for a daughter.

Martina Mcbride - In My Daughter's Eyes Lyrics
In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment