Tuesday, January 8, 2013

You Are My Sunshine


You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are grey

You'll never know dear

How much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

 

This was Esther's serenade today by some of her nurses, complete with a Strawberry Shortcake cake decorated by the CA, Jenny. I think this little lullaby will be one of the most memorable moments of my life. Esther has been a joy, even through the darkest days, she brings sunshine. She has been well loved and so have we.

Today was so incredibly full of emotion. I was fighting tears the entire day. Thankfulness for God's kindness to carry Esther so graciously through this horrible trial. Awe of the beauty of her strength and bravery. Love for the kind nurses and doctors who have cared for Esther. Fear that she may not really be healthy enough to leave. Sobered by the last four weeks, this has been a big deal. I can't really describe the mix of my emotions, but I was incredibly scattered.

First thing this morning a few of the night nurses came to say goodbye. Anthony has written that they love me, but I actually think I might love them more!

 

As the day went on other various doctors and nurses came by to congratulate Esther on her journey.

There are so many that I didn't get to take pictures of. We'll get to see them again, but for the last four weeks, these are the people who have seen the most intimate parts of this journey. We are blessed, if only thank you was enough.

.

3 comments:

  1. My mother used to sing me that lullaby when I was Esther's age, so that brings back precious memories. Esther's smile in the pictures in this blog have been such a delight over the months. I look forward to seeing her at SVCC in years to come. I'm sure she will (continue to) be a blessing to the church and the community. We are so happy for you that she was able to be discharged. She is truly a brave little girl, and you are very blessed. Thank you for sharing; you all are an inspiration to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely lovely - so glad for you! Your family is such a testimony to our Father in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good! Cheers to some quality time at home (or not in a hospital) and quiet without the beeps, squeaks and pokes. We have been following and praying for you guys from afar via this blog (a FB friend of a friend...) Our family is in awe of Esther and YOUR family's strength and grace through it all.

    ReplyDelete