A quick update for tonight. We should be going home tomorrow. They let Esther start eating soft foods and we had a good day. She enjoyed some oatmeal, applesauce, and a cheese stick throughout the day and she was feeling no stomach pain by the end of the day. She perked up a bit this afternoon after a nice bath as well and I could tell she was feeling better and more encouraged. The hope is that we should be able to go home in the morning.
I was thankful for God's grace today. I woke up feeling a temptation to be frustrated and anxious and to yield to cabin fever but God settled me and lavished good on us today. Esther is excited to get home and to try on her Belle costume and wig and see her siblings. I miss my wife! Today was day 8 in the hospital and tomorrow will make it her longest stay so far.
It looks like the next round of chemo will be delayed a week, maybe starting on Nov 8. This gives Esther a chance to fully recover and her platelets were still only around 50 this morning with her red blood counts only in the 8.0 range. It'll be nice for her to have some time at home. If MIBG were still happening, we would have been having to fly on Wednesday and she likely would not have been well enough to start it, making it even more chaotic. The only thing about Round 6 being delayed a week? If she goes neutropenic around day 10, there's a good chance she'll be in the hospital the week of Thanksgiving. Which, maybe that's not so bad. There's something about being in the hospital that brings clarity and gratitude.